Why DTG Printing could be the best option for your brand.
DTG Printer / Direct-to-Garment (DTG)
Using our eco friendly DTG Printer is the process where a garment is loaded into an actual printing machine and the water based inks are printed onto the t shirt ( similar to printing onto paper on a desktop printer)
Our print team will always help you choose the best possible print process for your job. As a result we will help you to cut your costs without compromising the print quality.
Custom DTG printing UK Based
We have just re-launched our DTG printing service, using the latest Ricoh DTG Printing machine. being able to achiece eye catching vibrants prints with just about any design, For all of our direct to garment printing jobs.
Direct to garment Printer
The advantages of DTG Printing
– Great for order fulfilment, Faster to produce with great quality
– Unlimited Colours / no screen setup costs
– Designs with fine detail and no backgrounds are easy to print.
– Can also be used to create photos and jobs with a lot of colours and detail.
Best printing technology option for one off t shirts / no minimum:
– Our direct to garment DTG process is printed on 100% cotton garments ,
The more cotton based the better, But we can print on 80% Cotton and 20% polyester garments as an alternative , But the general DTG process works best on ring spun cotton T shirts and garments.
Faster Turnaround time / Low setup costs
With DTG, We are able to produce a screen printed look and feel at a without the setup time and cost of a screen print. This means that we can eve offer a same day printing service and fast despatch.
–With DTG printing equipment all of the garments must be pre treated and some garments will may not take well to this process which is why your garment may need to withstand a test before proceeding. However we do sell trailed and tested garments which work great.
Direct to garment vs sublimation
People often ask us which is better, to achieve the best quality print:
Dye sublimation or DTG ink, The diffrence is that Dye sublimation can only be done on white garmnents. Also we can only sublimate onto 100% polyester.
Compared to DTG which offers a bigger range of printable options.
So in principle the two processes serve completely uses.
Unfortunatly , there is no way to sublimate onto cotton light or dark garments making DTG ( Direct to garment printing ) the number one choice for smaller runs.
What are the top 5 garments for DTG?
1. Gildan Ultra Cotton Tee shirts (GD002)
2. Gildan Softstyle Tees (GD001)
3. Continenetal Earth Positive (EP01)
4. Unisex Creator iconic t-shirt (SX001)
5. Iconic 150 T (SS430)
– Colour matching may not be as accurate as screen printing, especially with matching pan tone numbers.
– Also your lead time would have to be sufficient as DTG printing is not as fast as silk screen printing, The average DTG print time to bring 1 t shirt is around 5 minutes for a white t shirt and 8 minutes for a Dark colour T shirt as white ink has to be printed under your design first.
If you need to start a clothing line or brand why not get in touch with a member of our team, We are based in London so local pick up is an option.